Friday, January 04, 2008

Domincan Republic

We have really gotten use to the Helm tradition of escaping the cold Utah Christmas weather and heading somewhere warm to celebrate the holiday. This year we go to go to the Dominican Republic, an island in the Carri bean where Jon served his mission. It was a beautiful place that we all loved. We rented a villa on the beach and enjoyed the sun, food, waterfalls, and crazy Dominican drivers. It was great to see the a little of the area Jon served in and meet a few close friends. It was a restful vacation with lots of babysitting help thanks to my family.

10 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow! It looks gorgeous there. My favorite picture is the one where Beck is wearing that hat! The waterfalls look like a blast.

Kayla Casos said...

omgosh that's wonderful! the pics wont show up on my computer but i gotta say wow. that is what i call a vacation XD

Mandi said...

Jealous, so totally Jealous! It looks like my idea of a perfect Christmas.

Leah said...

What? You went to the Dominican Republic and you didn't invite me???

It looks like you had a blast. You guys are cute, cute, cute.

So, when Jon served his mission, did he know and Elder Clay Bingham?

Brit H. said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a blast! Yay, that Jonny got to visit the mish!

Jon said...

I did not know Bingham all too well, but he did serve in my mission. I believe he served in at least one of my areas before I did (although I can't remember which one). I think he was on his way out when I was just getting there. Word.

The Garlocks.... said...

Hey Jessica, it's Jessica G-Carr little sis Brooke! Darling blog, hope you don't mind that I peaked! I'm jealous that you went to the dominican republic! Looks like you had a blast. Your boys are so adorbale! I cannot believe how big Beckham is! You should come down and visit Jess! She would love it!!!

melissa said...

that's the way to do the holidays! nice and warm! texas is warmer..but not nearly as fun as the dominican republic! that's a very worthy tradition!

Danielle said...

aw beck and ira look so cute together and u guys must of had a blast on your vacation the waterfalls looked like fun now i wanna go there sometime.

scrooge said...

How big are the mosquitos down there? I bet you got a case of Montezuma's Revenge. Serves you right for going somewhere fun like that and leaving the rest of us home. Bah humbug!!