Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lake Powell Oct 08

It was a lot of fun to be able to take Jon's two brothers and their families to Lake Powell for their 1st time. We all had a great time even when the weather got bad. It did not stop Scott who was the life of the party learning to wakeskate in white cap water. Thanks Scott for the entertainment. We had one pretty hairy incident when a root beer bottle exploded in the fire and the glass cut up our nephew David pretty dang bad. Thankfully he was very brave and his Dad is a Dr. We were all in a pretty big panic and Scott was so calm caring for his son. I was totally amazed and hopefully I can remember to stay calm in future situations. So he had great care and will now have some pretty sweet scars to remember his trip by. I think he got about 20 stitches in one cut on his arm so he was in pretty rough shape. I think Dave taught us all a lesson about fires and glass bottles. So Lake Powell would not be Lake Powell if each trip you did not have a few incidents to remember it by. In the future I think I would like to stick to when we just run our of gas in the boat. Thanks all who came and roughed it with us and especially to Sam who's funny comments kept us laughing. Sam I am sorry your sister Sarah troubles you so much.








No comments: