Friday, October 10, 2008

Neil Young



I have recently been into Neil Young. It all started about a year ago when I recorded an HBO documentary about one of his concerts called Heart Of Gold. I decided a few months ago that I should see him live since he is getting old and all. I looked up his concert schedule and the closest location was Reno. I tried to rally the troops to no avail. I am apparently the only one that feels like they must go to this concert. To add the awesomeness of the concert, it looks like it is in a good venue and Death Cab is opening for him. The main drawback besides distance is price. The GA tickets (floor) will end up being about $90 after all is said and done. So...I believe I am still going to go. Jess says she will go, but she is not dying to go. The concert is November 1 (a Saturday), which is quickly approaching. I'm hoping that somebody I know is also a Neil Young fan and would like to go. Any takers? Here is one of his set lists from August:

Love And Only Love / Hey Hey, My My / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Powderfinger / Spirit Road / Cortez The Killer / Cinnamon Girl / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Unknown Legend / Heart Of Gold / Old Man / Get Back To The Country / Just Singing A Song / Sea Change / When Worlds Collide / Cowgirl In The Sand / Rockin' In The Free World // A Day In he Life

2 comments:

Scott said...

I would go without hesitation. In fact, I happened to be listening to him right when I read this. Alas, the distance is prohibitive. Be sure to post a review if you go, though--I've never seen him live.

Cheri said...

Wow Jon you have an amazing wife! She is so supportive :)