Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Unite Us

I stole this post from my sister because we were discussing this today and I just cannot believe this. So here are the words from the Candice. Capitolism . Conan blog

This is how the immaculate inauguration ended:

Rev Joseph Lowery's benediction

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around. When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen."

I thought we had chosen right. We elected The Chosen One.

Regardless of how completely offended I am... what in the world?? This is what he came up with "When yellow will be mellow" Do prayers have to rhyme?

4 comments:

Becky said...

It was extremely offensive. I'm still in shock..

Matt said...

I guess she missed the rest of his sermon: " . . . when greens won't be mean, when taupes quit selling dope, magentas pay their rent-a, when mauves learn to be sauve . . ." and so on. I think the only group he didn't offend were smurfs.

Marian said...

And this is supposed to unite us!!!??? It sounds like a great way to create more racial tension to me.

Candice said...

If you are going to promote CCC, at least spell my name correctly.