Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NCAA Tournament

It is a yearly tradition for the boys in Jon's family to go to the NCAA basketball tournament. The boys in my family joined in the tradition a few years back as well as my Uncle Scott and his boys. Since Jon's Dad is on a mission, Jon and Matt headed out with the Helms to Philadelphia. They watched 2 days of basketball and spent 3 days touring around the close areas. They saw a lot in a short amount of time. This has been a fun tradition and they go a new place each year. Too bad no girls are ever invited.

Independence Hall



This is the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed. These are the original chairs.



Liberty Bell

Gettysburg



About 50,000 men died at the battles of Gettysburg. So you can imagine it is quite haunted. This bridge is suppose to be one of the most haunted places.



The battlefields

Washington DC





NCAA Games



New York City





9 comments:

Candice said...

I wish I would have known you were going to D.C....
I would have sent you with a special message for B.O.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

I can't believe all the places you guys made it to! It looks like you had a great time. I'm sorry I was so close, yet so far away. I didn't have a rental car. Plus, no girls aloud, right?

Heather said...

I'm glad Jon got his annual trip out. I think that's just as important for the guys as it is for the girls. That's impressive how much they saw in such a short amount of time.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

I see you've made a few changes to your post, Jess. You shouldn't remove people's comments. It's not very nice.

Kelsey said...

I don't know why you didn't post the pictures of all the cool things we did while the boys were gone... like......The Skeleton Key... and...painting.