Monday, June 15, 2009

Zions National Park

We had a beautiful day at Zions. Jon, Dave and Drew got up really early and went to hike the Eastern Rim. This was a 10 mile hike that brings you from the Eastern rim into Zions. We met up with them at Angels landing trail where Jon ran a lot of the trail to catch up with us. Beck hiked the entire way up and down without showing any sign of being tired. Our niece Sienna who has been staying with us also easily made it up to the top. Great job Sienna! Jon and I have never done Angels Landing so Candice and Dave watched the boys at the top where the chains began so Mom, Dad, Drew, Jon and myself could go all the way to the top. It was a strange felling being up so high and holding onto chains to keep you from slipping off the cliffs. It was spectacular. I cannot believe I have waited so long to do that hike. A must do in Zions. Thank goodness for Jon and his P90X body, so that he could pack Ira all the way up and back even after his big morning hike. I now will no longer complain about him working out. He's is going to to like that comment!










3 comments:

Strong Family said...

it looks like you had a lot of fun! That last picture with Jon made me nervous! I just about lost my stomach on that one.

Cheri said...

Awesome Jess! You and Jon look like you had such a fun time!!! :) It's cute you almost look like you are glowing newly weds... ;) but I guess better because you now have experience under your belts and two kids!

Way to go Beck! :)

And your hair is getting long! It looks fabulous as always!

Thanks for sharing.

angee duvall said...

Woohoo!! Way to go! That's a tough hike!!! The pictures are gorgeous!