Monday, May 09, 2011

St. George

We spent the weekend in St. George. We planned for this weekend because my family has gotten into WATCHING the Iron Man Triathlon. Each Year St. George hosts an Iron Man. This was my first year watching. No, it did not motivate me. I cannot believe there were 1100 people who subjected their bodies to this. It included a swim of 2.4 miles, a bike ride of 112 miles, and a marathon run of 26.219 mi. All this was done in 90 degree weather. We spent some time on Saturday at a spot where we could watch some of the biking as well as the run. Then we ended up our night downtown at the finish line. These people would run through the finish line with steam and then just collapse. It is really awesome to watch. People come from all over the world to compete.Then of course after the Iron Man wore us out, we sat poolside.




The boys have taught her a new trick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh...can I change my last name to Shipley??? Please let me just join you for one family poolside event...I would fit in right?? lol. Glad you had fun love!