Saturday, July 09, 2011

Helm Family Newport Beach

Week 2... spent with the Helm Family in Newport Beach. We have so many traditions there. Most of them involve food. We have even added a few more. This year we finally made it to Javier's. Jon has been wanting to eat there for a few years. Did not disappoint, beautiful restaurant with yummy food. Also our new fish taco place, Bear Flag Fish and Roscowes chicken and waffles. The rest of this year was pretty typical. Lots of beach time, surf shops, sand castles, bocce ball and swimming. Drew taught Ruby to walk. So by the end of our trip she was moving around a little more. I also completed my first solo drive home with all 3 kids. Thanks to the "Help" on audio books. Two weeks at the beach was still not enough. Once day Jon and I will find our way to cute little cottage on the ocean.....





Candice walked Ruby everyday on the beach to get her to sleep. Find your thumb Ruby!




The Dolphins were so close.
















Loves her Zachy. Especially loves to yell his name even if it is to Liz.















Balboa Bars...the little lady recognizes my Dad every year.












3 comments:

birthMOM said...

your kids are so cute jess!
sarah had her first baby a couple of weeks ago so we are all going down to huntington beach to meet him an 2 weeks, such a fun area!
~desha

cassie said...

I have to say I am a lot jealous. Also I just cant get over how cute Ruby is. She has grown up so fast. You should feel really lucky you have not had to do girls camp since you left.

Melinda said...

I'm so jealous of the Helm's week in Newport, and of all the good food! I love that place!
Glad you blog about vacations because Candice sure doesn't!

see you at the pool next week!