Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jon Turns 30

You must have a party when you turn the big 30!!! It was a party full of good friends and family and lots of food. J-Dawg for Jon on the big 30. My dad paid Jon a nice tribute and then the roast began. Candice and my brothers and their wives came up with this late night comedy sketch on Jon. Candice read a pile of Thank You cards that she found on Jon's nightstand. To great to forget.

Thank You Dateline... for preparing me for Jury Duty. I'm ready Utah Justice System.

Thank You Cheese... for making every waiter/waitress annoyed with me

Thank You Ruby's wardrobe...for causing the Shipley financial crisis of 2010

Thank You Beckham...for giving me solid proof of my dominant male genes.

Thank You...Twitter for limiting my sports rants to 140 char.

Thank You Quicksilver and Vans...for making up for the part in my hair.

Thank You Nintendo DS...for raising 2 beautiful boys.

Thank You Online forums...for giving me a voice in a world of people who care way too much about canyoneering.

Thank You Chick-fil-a Ketchup packets...for providing me the perfect dipping experience and pissing off my sister in-law.

Thank You Aquabats...for giving me the chance to skank dance well into adulthood.

Thank you Ira...for asking for permission to sleep at my house. I wish your siblings would do the same.

Thank You Sherman Pool... for replacing me in my marriage.











Family Party


2 comments:

Marian said...

Thanks Jess and the Helms for making Jon's 30th a special day. Sorry we missed it :(

BigBen said...

First, Happy Belated B-day Jon! Second, Best thank-you's ever!!!! Third, I am loving Candice's yard! LOVING IT!!!! I love the yard, love the color of her house, love the diving board.
Fourth, Saw two pics of you and Jon in the lake powell 2011 post and you seriously both look like you're 22 years old!!!
Fifth,(Should be first)! You looked gorgeous in the pic with your hands on Jon's shoulders! Looked like such a great party!!!!