Saturday, June 07, 2008

Bud

By popular demand, I am posting again. This post is brought to you by people who call you bud and sales people that network through their friends and family. First, let's address people that call you bud. There are many other equivalent terms to bud (for example boss), but for some reason, bud is the worst to me. In my experience, "bud people" are most often found at the workplace. It is hard to talk to a person that calls you bud and not think he/she is the most condescending person in the world. The other problem with "bud" people is that even if you tell them not to call you bud, they usually slip back into the habit within 2 - 3 days. Bud is their cigarette.

The second most awesome person in the world is sales person who networks through his/her friends and family. Okay...I know that some of you may fit into this category, so don't get offended...just learn that nobody wants to hear about your awesome insurance rates, your financial plan, or you jedi real-estate skills. People that are close enough for you to approach know what you are doing and will approach you if they want your service. We all know how it goes...you get a call from somebody you knew in high school and at first you think it is cool...after five minutes of meaningful conversation, everything sours when he/she drops, "I've been selling insurance for the past few months." If you currently sell me insurance, don't worry...I'm not talking about you...just the other kooks that want to ruin relationships in the name of a commission. Okay, maybe that was a little harsh, but you get the point. I know what you are peddling and if I ever want an insurance quote from you, I'll come knocking. -Jon

5 comments:

Matt said...

Nice post, chief! I totally know what you mean! The worst part about these so called "friends" who want to sell you stuff is that you never get a good deal on anything. Which reminds me, have you secured your family against break ins and home invasions? Did you know that an ADT alarm system can decrease your chances of being burglarized by 800%? Did you also know that Lehi is one of the fastest growing areas statistically for burglaries? Anyway, we're all getting together at Heather's on Monday for dinner. If I remember, maybe I'll bring some materials to share with you. Late!

Becky said...

So true. "Bud," "Hon," "Chief," etc.. they all bug. I had a co-worker not too long ago that used to call me "miss Becky" and I couldn't stand it (or her, consequently). Annoying.

Jon said...

Sorry, although the author says Jessica, it was actually me. Sometimes blogger defaults to her account.

Cheri said...

Amen. :)

Anonymous said...

Take that Mary Kay...and your little dog too.

Mark T. W. Ebbert